The documents listed below are in portable document format (.pdf) and require the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have the reader, click on the acrobat icon below to download this free reader.
This document discusses the post September 11 impact on our local families and offers some guidelines in coping with this aftermath. The document also reflects on some of the directions that the CISD is headed in to provide more for the community in counseling as well as safety.
This document is timely in that it is just as pertinent today as it was shortly after the September 11th attack on America. To read this document, Please click on the following link:
These tips were prepared by the CISD to assist the family in any emergency situation. Such as:
- Reassure children that they are safe.
- Listen to radio or television for information about school closings.
- If you choose to pick up your child from school prior to the end of the day, follow the campus plan for a systemized pick up.
- Be honest about the events, but don't embellish or speculate about what might happen.
- Safeguard your children's physical health by making sure they get appropriate sleep, exercise and nutrition.
To read more about the tips for families, click on the following link.
In addition to the tips listed above, this document also gives an insight into some of the things that the CISD campuses will do to ensure your child's safety and well being. A must read for any parent of a CISD school age student.