|POSTING DATE: ||03/03/2016|
|CLOSE DATE: |
|VACANCY NUMBER: ||021269|
|LOCATION: ||CISD Police Department - 873|
|POSITION: ||Police Telecommunicator|
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of drug, alcohol screening and psychological testing
- Possess a current TCOLE Basic Telecommunicator Certification and TLETS/NLETS Certification, or must complete the necessary training to obtain the Basic Telecommunicator Certification within one year of employment
- Driving record must be acceptable according to standards developed jointly by the Department of Public Safety and the Texas Education Agency
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
To facilitate the flow of information between the public and law enforcement officers. This position performs technical duties of receiving and relaying information in a rapid, precise manner that could have substantial consequences if completed incorrectly. The position requires a considerable degree of initiative and independent judgment within procedural boundaries in responding to emotional, disturbed and sometimes abusive people in a variety of situations.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
- Operate the Radio Communication System and monitor the Central Alarm System.
- Receive telephone requests for police services; dispatch police units/supervisors as necessary.
- Maintain a computerized log on all calls for service, units dispatched and disposition of services rendered.
- Place or receive telephone calls to appropriate personnel/departments.
- Enter all data in computerized system.
- Able to work flexible hours/shifts.
- Maintain assigned departmental files.
- Regular attendance.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Chief of Police.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
- Ability to handle multiple duties at one time and prioritize duties according to the nature of the request; adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Ability to apply principles of rational systems; interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form; and to exercise independent judgment, decisiveness and/or creativity to adopt or modify methods and standards to meet variations in assigned objectives
- Ability to read city and county maps accurately and quickly; maintain familiarity with major roads, streets, hospitals, schools, churches, buildings, and other landmarks in Conroe ISD and Montgomery County
- Ability to consistently be at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meeting and appointments on time; able to work shift work encompassing a 24 hour day, 7 day week, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Experience operating a computer, printer, radio console, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, multi-line phone, radio communications equipment, computer aided dispatch system, headsets, and paper shredder
- Ability to perceive and discriminate sounds and visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the ability to communicate orally. Ability to read and discern visual images on a variety of media including small LCD’s, printed
- Must successfully pass the National Dispatcher Selection Test (70%) – designed to test 1) reading comprehension 2) listening 3) problem-solving 4) prioritizing and 5) multi-tasking
- Must successfully pass standard typing test with at least 40 words per minute with 90% accuracy
- Must read and speak the English language coherently. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Read English rapidly and understand clearly what is read. Write English rapidly and maintain legibility.
|OTHER INFORMATION: |
Mental Demands/ Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures, and data; maintain emotional control under stress. The following physical requirements and/or capabilities are what an employee needs to possess in order to meet the physical demands of the job:
- Walking (move about on foot)
- Carrying (transporting an object by hand)
- Crouching (bending the body downward and forward by bending the knees and spine)
- Climbing (ascending and descending stairs)
- Lifting (able to lift 50-60 lbs.)
- Kneeling (bending legs at the knees to come to rest on the knees)
- Pulling (able to exert force upon an object so the object moves toward the force [including jerking])
- Pushing (exerting force upon an object so the object moves away from the force)
- Bending (ability to move at the waist downward and upward with reasonable mobility)
An employee may be required to perform any or all of the above physical requirements. These physical requirements may constitute 95% of the employee’s daily functions.
|APPLY TO: |
Fax or email letter of interest and resume to Chief William Harness, fax# 936-709-9905 or firstname.lastname@example.org Chief has requested no telephone calls, please If not a current employee of CISD, applicant should also have an online application and copies of credentials on file in Human Resources. (Credentials - resume, diploma, college transcripts, TCOLE certificates held). Current employees must apply using the internal system.
Pay Plan: POL-2 - Minimum hourly rate - $14.62
| || |
|GROUP / GRADE: |