|POSTING DATE: ||01/05/2015|
|CLOSE DATE: |
|VACANCY NUMBER: ||00016680|
|LOCATION: ||CISD Police Department - 873|
|POSITION: ||Police Officer|
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
- High school diploma or GED
- Texas Peace Officer License issued by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Valid Texas driver's license
- Meet the requirements to be bonded as required by Texas Education Code Section 37.081(h)
- Ability to pass required physical, psychological, and drug tests
- Ability to work well with youth and adults
- Excellent oral and written communication
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
To protect the districtís students, employees and properties. In tandem with the districtís management team, police officers maintain an orderly and safe learning environment where teachers may teach and students have the opportunity to learn. Enforce municipal ordinance, county, state and federal laws. Works independently.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
- Patrol assigned campus (es) and routes walking or driving within district jurisdiction.
- Respond to calls for service concerning crisis situations, accidents, and reports of crime.
- Coordinate police services with school official, students, parents, and patrons.
- Complete presentations to school officials, students, parents and patrons with regards to safe school and criminal justice issues.
- Investigate all criminal offenses that occur within district's jurisdiction.
- Collect and preserve evidence including witness statements and physical evidence.
- Take custody of perpetrators, file appropriate charges, and ensure placement in jail or juvenile detention centers for law violations as necessary.
- Write effective legal incident/offense reports.
- Testify in court and administrative hearing as needed.
- Work cooperatively with other police agencies to share information and provide other assistance.
- Provide traffic control at athletic events, school closings or openings, or at any other time.
- Provide protection to or escort district personnel as needed.
- Operate all equipment including firearms according to established safety procedures.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and documents required, including affidavits for arrest, incident reports, and activity reports.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chief of Police.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
- Have an acceptable driving record in accordance with the standards developed jointly by the Texas Education Agency and the Texas Department of Public Safety.
|OTHER INFORMATION: |
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Strenuous walking, standing, and climbing; ability to operate a motor vehicle; specific hearing and visual requirements; ability to control sudden violent or extreme physical acts of others and exhibit rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously. May be subject to adverse and hazardous working conditions including violent and armed confrontations. Work outdoors in varying climate conditions; drive in all different areas of district at odd hours; on call 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Work all assignments as directed by the Chief of Police.
|APPLY TO: |
Fax or email letter of interest and resume to Chief William Harness, fax# 936-709-9904 or firstname.lastname@example.org Chief has requested no telephone calls, please If not a current employee of CISD, applicant should also have an online application and copies of credentials on file in Human Resources. (Credentials - resume, diploma, college transcripts, TCOLE certificates held). Current employees must apply using the internal system.
PAY GRADE: POL - 3 - Minimum hourly rate - $21.20
| || |
|GROUP / GRADE: |